Back on July 3rd of 2015 we visited Tibbetts Point Light House in the Town of Cape Vincent, New York.
This point of land was part of 600 acres patented to Captain John Tibbett of Troy, New York in 1799.
In 1827 three acres were deeded to the U.S. Government for a lighthouse.
It was a U.S. Coast Guard station from 1939-1981.
It was deeded to the Town of Cape Vincent by the Department of the Interior in 1991.
Restoration and preservation is conducted by the Town of Cape Vincent and the Tibbetts Point Lighthouse Historical Society.
It is on the Register of Historic Places on the national and state levels.